MBBS (China Capital Medical University), Grad Dip Science (Newcastle), LLB (Sydney), GDLP (College of Law)
Shijing Zhang (“Terry”) is the founder and principal solicitor of Zhang Shijing Lawyers. He has 20 years of legal experience in various areas of law.
Terry practiced as a surgeon in China before coming to Australia in 1991. When he prepared for his surgical exam in Australia, Terry worked in a legal brokerage firm introducing lawyers to potential clients. He was good at what he did, and he eventually decided to pursue his legal career. After years of practice, Terry opened Zhang Shijing Lawyers in 2005.
Since the firm started 11 years ago, Terry has won numerous high-profile cases and has helped hundreds of people in immigration, family, and commercial matters.
Terry is a Justice of the Peace, Registered Migration Agent of Australia, Solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW, and Solicitor of the High Court of Australia.
Areas of Practice:
- Commercial Law
- Criminal Law
- Civil Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Family Law
- Immigration Law
- Property Law
Terry has appeared as a solicitor in the following matters:
- Ye v Zeng (No 7)  FCA 1478 (Consumer Law, arbitration)
- Dai v Minister for Immigration & Anor  FCCA 697 (migration, review of former Migration Review Tribunal decision, jurisdictional error established)
- Hang v Nguy  NSWDC 333 (defamation, civil procedure, cost order)
- Sherwood & Liu  FCCA 752 ( Family Law, best interests of child)
- Ye v Zeng (No 4)  FCA 386 (arbitration, application for recognition and enforcement of foreign award) — related journal
- Zang & Juong and Anor  FamCA 582 (Family Law, property)
- Hua v Freedman Electronics Pty Ltd  NSWWCCPD 60 (workers compensation, partial incapacity)
- Hua-Aus Pty Ltd v Commissioner of Taxation  FCA 341 (goods and services tax, procedural fairness)